The todo app is just a standard Next.js app with a Postgres database. So when you're ready to ship, you can deploy it basically anywhere you can run a Node app.
One especially easy option we like is Render. To deploy there:
- Fork rocicorp/replicache-todo into your own repository.
- Create a Render account.
- Create a new Blueprint instance and link to the forked repo.
- In the web server settings, set the
NEXT_PUBLIC_REPLICACHE_LICENSE_KEYenvironment variable to your license key.
You can even deploy Replicache apps on serverless platforms like Vercel, but there are some caveats:
- The amount of data you can sync in each Replicache instance is typically limited to about 5 MB, because limits on function payload sizes.
- These platforms don't natively support any way to implement the "poke" message that Replicache needs. So you'll need to use a pubsub service like Pusher.
We will add documentation on how to deploy to serverless platforms, but for now, please Contact Us if you have questions on this.